Monday 9 June 2014

The new improved me...

An optimist once said: endings are merely beginnings. Well, I said it actually. But maybe that still counts.

After a lifetime of swinging towards the pessimistic side, I now find the pendulum swinging across the line and towards the sunshine. Optimistic I am. Not with a big fat ‘O’ but with an ‘o’ nevertheless.

Yes, endings are merely beginnings; there, I said it again and actually I’m coming to believe it. At this rate, if I’m not careful, I’ll soon be believing that what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger (just leaves you with issues that you may need to work through) and that everything happens for a reason. From there it’s only a short happy skip to every cloud has a silver lining, don’t cry because it’s over - smile because it happened, and when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Yes my glass is half full for the first time that I can remember. No pressures, no stress, and choice. What more could I ask for? Listen, if you’re not going to kill me then you better watch out. I’m coming back stronger and you are sure as hell on my list. Anyway, I don’t want to say this, but I’m going to anyway… I feel blessed.

And with that I’ll leave it there, before I need a bucket.

4 comments:

  1. Martin A W Holmes on FB
    "Yes my glass is half full for the first time that I can remember." Just goes to show, eh...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew Height
      Yep, just goes to show.

      Delete
  2. Richard Shore on FB
    I do like a bit of low hanging fruit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark McNicholas on FB
    Always expect the worst and you'll never be disappointed !

    ReplyDelete