Sunday 4 September 2011

Evidence of summer…

Despite what people seem to think there was a summer and I for one remember more sunny days than wet ones. Maybe that’s because I’ve had (too much) time to sit outside for the first summer since my school days, or maybe it’s simply because I choose to see what little sunshine there is as being brighter than it deserves.

Anyway, here’s evidence of this summer, the sandal marks on our tanned feet - made in Britain with finest British sunshine. No holidays abroad again this year. Oh well, one – day – again - perhaps.

We must have lived in our flip-flops all season long - good for the soul but not so good for the soles. My favourite flip-flops are getting pretty battered, but they’re old friends - how can I throw them away? I’m wearing them now as I type.

Looking out of the kitchen window the sun is shining again. Summer struggles on, but there's that autumn feeling all around.

Time for another coffee. I think I'll drink it in the back yard.

4 comments:

  1. Vicky Brickhill commented on Facebook.
    "Certain it's not muck?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Bell commented on Facebook:
    David wrote "Jake the Peg?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I presume your foot is the middle one (recognised the nail polish)

    ReplyDelete