Friday 30 September 2011

Heart of glass...

This is not an advertisement

I lied. Actually it is.

I don’t know if you knew this but one of the ways I spend (waste) my time is by painting glass. I’ve been doing it for years and used to sell the odd glass in my much beloved kiosk on Bangor Pier in North Wales.

I gave up the kiosk a few years ago but I’m still painting glass. I enjoy the challenge of lining the images and writing the messages, then carefully flooding and flowing the blended paints, highlighting my creations with iridescent pigment kindly brought back from the States by friends as you can’t get them in the UK.

When I’ve finished painting I bake the glass to fuse the pigment to the glass and make it fully washable.

Wine glasses, beer glasses, cocktail glasses, tumblers, vases, tealight holders – whatever you'd like and personalised should you want it.

But enough of that. Just look at the pictures you’ll get the idea.

I'm going to use Friday to show you some of my glass. I hope that you like it, and if you want me to make you something just let me know. I'd be happy to paint it for you.

1 comment: