Friday 22 May 2009

On guard...

We're off to Wales tonight for the bank holiday week and we'll be taking Misty with us.

She loves it in Wales, we always take her with us. She travels well in her pet carrier, sleeps most of the journey. But as soon as we arrive she turns into a different animal, wilder, more alert, an outdoor animal. At home it's hard to get her to go out in the mornings but in Wales she's out and into the undergrowth as soon as we let her out of her pet carrier...

' This is my patch and nobody is coming onto it. I've been away all week, so who in fishbones knows who might have staked a claim? Anyone could have invaded. That old Tom down the lane has an it eye on it, I've seen him scouting around. Well, if he sets one paw onto my land he'll have me to answer to. This is my territory.

I'll just sit here in the hedge and guard. I can see everything from here. The comings and goings, the 'to' and 'fro' of the country. I see the woman across the road has hung her fur on that spinning thing again. I don't know why they do that - taking off one fur, putting on another - making them all wet in that noisy box thing in between. It'd be easier if the simply kept there fur on and licked it to keep it clean like I do. I hate that noisy box thing, it growls all of the time.

Talking of growling... is that the big yellow monster coming? Yes, it's that hissing yellow monster! Take cover! Monster alert! I'll just sit here very still until it's gone past. Here it comes. Feel how it makes the ground shake. What a horrible thing. I dread to think what it could do with those two big pointy teeth things sticking out at the front. There - it's gone now, thank Mu-Mu for that.

Must stay alert, guard my land. I'll do a quick tour of the perimeter in a minute. Check down by the bottom fence - I'm sure I heard a noise, and that big black was down there mousing last week. I'll go in a meowment.

It's quite nice sitting here, apart from the occasional monster. Mustn't fall asleep. Got to keep my eyes open for that old Tom, don't want him making his marker all over my land. It's nice and warm though, and the birds are singing. I'd try to catch one but this bell the Keepers make me wear lets them know I'm coming. One day though... one day. I must do my rounds, I'll go in a second, but it's so comfortable sitting here. Perhaps I'll shut my eyes just for a second... mmmm, that sun is nice and warm... mustn't fall asleep though, mustn't fall aslee... purr - purr - purr - purr - purr.'

Yes, she's away and into the undergrowth as soon as we let her out. Sometimes she disappears for hours, up to some mischief or other I guess. I wonder what adventures she has? I bet she never has a dull moment...

... As I mentioned, I'm off to Wales next week. I'll blog if I can get a signal - probably from my phone - so please excuse the spelling and layout - akh.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no..you gone and BMD too! What am I going to do for entertainment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. “In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Came across this quote today from Terry Pratchett

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes they were worshiped as Gods - still are in my house.

    ReplyDelete