Thursday 10 July 2014

Urban goldfish...

There’s something about a parade isn’t there? Big or small, throw in a marching band, some singing girl scouts, a decorated float or two and you have the perfect recipe for smiles; particularly if the sun shines.

Altrincham Festival parade has been a bit hit and miss the past few years, but I always stand on the street and watch it and it has to be said that this year’s was better than average.

For me it was the bicycling goldfish; slightly surreal with a bit of Japanesey thrown in for good measure, I almost forgave the cyclist for being on bikes. I stood watching them weave along The Downs, swimming in the air, and almost managing to forget that they weren’t real.

Lost in the moment I was; I seem to do that a lot these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment