Friday 5 July 2013

Crispy Jesus...

Jesus turns up everywhere doesn’t he? Sometimes I think that he’s almost as well known and recognisable as David Beckham. True, you don’t see Jesus in many fashion magazines or in TV ads, but then you don’t see Beckham hanging on church walls or miraculously appearing on crisps. Well, at least not yet. Although it’ll probably happen at some time when Beckham is canonised and becomes Saint Becks.

Talking of crisps I wonder what Jesus’ favourite flavour was? Was he a salt and vinegar or a Worcestershire sauce man? In fact, was he a man at all or one of those alien beings who laugh at our potatoes? I doubt that he was big on smoky bacon, prawn cocktail or even scampi fries, what with him being King of the Jews and everything, and now that I come to think about it vinegar probably had some bad connotations for him. Maybe he was more of a ready salted kind of chap, or a roast chicken fan, or perhaps his favourite was Jesus onion…see what I did there?

Who knows? Perhaps Jesus miracled-up his own flavours: wine and water, ass and oxen, manna, and of course good old Egyptian plague flavour containing  blood and water, frogs, gnats, flies, locusts, emulsifiers and the odd artificial flavouring or two; like frankincense and myrrh. I was going to include donkey, but that’s probably already been done - even if we don’t know about it.

Anyway, whichever his favourite flavour was I bet Jesus could make five bags of crisps go an awfully long way.

2 comments:

  1. Phillip Yeadon on FB
    Unnecessarily disrespectful blog Andi ... you're a very naughty boy! Anyway the best answer is http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Crispin's_Day

    Saint Crispin's Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    en.m.wikipedia.org
    Saint Crispin's Day falls on 25 October and is the feast day of the Christiansai...See more
    Friday at 20:57 via mobile · Like · Remove Preview

    Andrew Height Disrespectful? I don't think so Phil. Just trying to give Jesus a dimension not invented by the Catholic church. as for Hieronymus Bosch I did my fine art BA thesis on him. This was two years after dropping out of theology at Oxford University because I recognised that all religion is internal and that if God exists he doesn't have sons.
    Friday at 21:50 · Like

    Phillip Yeadon Lol ... my mistake, I now see how full of respect you are.
    Friday at 21:58 via mobile · Like

    Andrew Height Watch this Phil. It gives a perspective about what religious art and religion is all about. one of my lecturers advised. I don't know which Christian doctrine you follow or if you follow any at all, but it is all words and art and there was never anyth...See More
    Friday at 23:04 · Edited · Like

    Andrew Height http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16ImxnBHknw

    The Mill and the Cross [Legendado]
    www.youtube.com
    Friday at 23:04 · Like · Remove Preview

    Phillip Yeadon I'll watch it when I have a better signal - my phone is painfully slow. Am struck by the irony of your critique tho. As 'you' appear as guilty of anthropomorphism in your description of the church (and its invention) as is the church by its anthropomorphism of God (the very point for which you criticise the church)
    Friday at 23:19 via mobile · Like

    Andrew Height By your tone Phil either you know that the CHURCH is bollocks and you have been indoctrinated by your past, or you are desperate to believe that you will go on after you are dead. Trust me, if you do it will have nothing to do with the terrorist who was Jesus the Nazarene. It will be God who allows you to pass over. Jesus was a nice, clever bloke with a few good lines and a killer, but hey... aren't we all. in truth all that Jesus shit makes me sick to the stomach.
    Friday at 23:27 · Edited · Like

    Phillip Yeadon I believe in respect and tolerance and resisting the tyranny of the majority. I also try to avoid an existential obsession with mortality and scary dreams.

    ReplyDelete

  2. David Bell on FB
    Loaves and fishes flavour

    ReplyDelete