Wednesday 3 July 2013

Back yard watch update...

So my postage stamp backyard garden progresses albeit at a snail’s pace. Talking of which, and despite all the liberally scattered pellets, they still seem to be around in abundance. All colours, all sizes. Mind you, with all this damp weather it’s hardly surprising.

I haven’t much colour yet, apart from the snails, and my plan to go blue and mauve this year seems a little foolhardy in retrospect. It’s a shady garden most of the time and I really could do with something bright to bring it to life. Fortuitously a few of last years nasturtiums have regenerated themselves from fallen seed, a double boon as I’m hoping they’ll fill my cane wall with colour after the morning glory seedlings did so poorly.

My plan to work entirely from seed has come to fruition (well almost). But I find myself thinking about planting a few instant colour statements and I’m finding it really hard to resist.

Next year, if I am still here, I’m going to go fully orange. I have some beautiful marigolds at the cottage which I grew from seed and I think that a border of oranges and yellows would look stunning.

There I go again, this year’s yard not even in flower and I’m thinking about next year. Yes orange I think. It’s such an uplifting colour. Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm


6 comments:

  1. Ian Maclachlan on FB
    The garden looks like a great place to relax. The weather is improving so that should help. With us being in a valley Paula has a similar problem with shade but there a few sprinkles of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim Preston on FB

    Infinite Love and Peace do verily rest within those garden walls. Namaste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew Height
      Courgettes, cucumbers, toms, herbs and (yes) infinite peace Tim

      Delete
  3. Dumitru Catalin, Vicky Sutcliffe, Sharon Hutt and 5 others like this.

    ReplyDelete