Thursday 21 February 2013

Wave...

A Sunday afternoon in Wales and a walk on the beach.

Sunny, warm, coat off, shirtsleeves rolled up. Almost hot, almost but not quite. Probably a good time to think, probably a good time to find some balance. But why should I and what is there really to think about? So, instead I just walked. A walk is as good as a rest - or is that a change? Just look at that wave, it's about to break...

And then I found it, and soon after another. I just couldn't resist; so I balanced them.

Finding some balance.

It took me ages. They kept toppling. A simple balance I'd have done in minutes just a year or two ago now taking me ages. Just goes to show how quickly things change, how quickly you lose what you once had and found almost too easy.

Concentrate.

In the end I had to balance one behind the other. Not quite what I was hoping to achieve. Balance - as I've said on other occasions, not always the easiest thing to find.

And breathe out.

7 comments:

  1. I saw some guy on the idiot box doing this balancing act with stones. I was well impressed. I'm also impressed with your alternative trickery. Heart-shaped rocks as well, good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It used to relax me, these days it frustrates. Wine is the same.

      Delete
  2. Richard Shore on FB
    I thought of you the other day. We found an impossibly high stack of pebbles on the beach. I'll post the pic when we get home.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Andrew Height I'd appreciate it. By the way - how high?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Richard Shore
    It must have been a foot high. We're in Dorset, but back home today

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew Height I shall take on that challenge good sir.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminds me of your office windowsill :-)

    ReplyDelete