Wednesday 9 March 2011

Peace, love and understanding...

Peace, love and understanding - and as Nick Lowe asked ‘what’s so funny about it?’ Well nothing at all as far as I can see and all three are so very hard to find even at the best of times, and these are not the best of times by any stretch of my very stretchable imagination.

No indeed, there’s not much peace going on in this neck of the woods currently. What with one thing and another things are a little fraught, and when that’s the case it’s hard to feel the love that surely must still be lounging around the house somewhere, eating chocolate and blowing kisses.

What we all need is a little more understanding, of ourselves and of each other. I know this. It makes complete sense, What we all need is to give ourselves a break. What we need is to take a chill pill, chillax, act like a fridge and cool it.

But that means understanding and understanding takes time that I haven't got, what with all the mails and application forms, the trips to the jobcentre, the disappointment of the rejection letters, the hopeful enquiries that lead to nothing, and all the day to day trauma of teenager - marriage - life - stuff.

Is it any wonder that I don’t feel much peace, don't have time to love, that I'm focussed on sorting rather than understanding? Act like a fridge and cool it? I’m too bloody busy worrying my life away to even look in the ice compartment!

Why am I telling you all this I wonder? Why aren’t I taking pictures of the sky, or telling you about my daffodils, or even doodling one of my doodles (a thing I haven’t done for ages) and then trumping up some gibberish to go with it? Well, apart from the fact that I don’t seem to have much else to write about today I know that I’m not the only one. There are others in this select band – the readers of my blog – who are feeling this way too, and a problem shared is a problem halved or so they say.

You are not alone my friends.

Peace, love and understanding to you all. How perfect life would be if I could only find all three and bottle them as a refreshing drink. I’d make a bloody fortune. Completely free to my friends of course - want one?

Oh, I can feel a doodle coming on…now where’s a pen and paper?

Ah, that’s better!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I can fully understand this Mr H. Especially the false dawns! Keep on keeping on; I am sure it will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise words Mr H. It's easy to become obsessed by ourselves & not appreciate the affect this is having on those around us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Della Jayne Roberts commented on Facebook.
    "It's no better living on the other side of the world ... and it's getting into autumn; and that means winter ... not a lot to be cheerful about really. Oh - Happy Birthday - it will soon be over for you here! Little Sis"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ian Maclachlan e-mailed:
    Always a pleasure to be reminded of the talents of Nick Lowe. However, a very sobering blog.

    ReplyDelete