Saturday 7 August 2010

The Weather Witch...

The Weather Witch was around all day yesterday, messing with the weather, casting spells of sunshine, then spells of rain. That’s the thing with the Weather Witch she does as she pleases and hangs the consequences.

Look at what she did with the evening. One moment we were under a clear blue sky, the next, storm clouds had been conjured from nowhere. The pleasant blue world was sent suddenly black with storm clouds and gold with the setting sun, then simply black as the witch did her worst and sent a deluge of rain. The road a river, the trees bent in service to the wind.

I stopped the car and watched her as she raced around causing chaos, and then as quickly as it had started the rain was gone. Looking across to the distant sea, I saw the rarest of clouds all shimmering above the horizon, nacreous clouds coloured with an internal rainbow. Perhaps it was an effect of the solar flares I’ve heard about in the news, a stellar apology for not being able to see the Aurora Borealis as promised last Thursday night - too much cloud, the work of the Weather Witch again. How beautiful those clouds, with the Weather Witch nowhere to be seen, chased away by the shifting aura of that luminescent light.

She’ll be back though, she can’t stay away, she always returns - always.

2 comments:

  1. Philip Morgan commented Facebook.

    "Lovely post and a great pic at the top Andy. I always suspected that the Weather Witch was Welsh....what is Sian Lloyd upto these days?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the same weird weather in Llandudno. It made for a beautiful sunset though. I took a nice picture of it I'll email it you. Funnily enough I've just also read your sunflower post. I took some nice pics of sunflowers too with my new cam. I'll send you some of those when I get them on to my mac.

    ReplyDelete