Friday 16 October 2009

Bored...

Misty has taken to jumping in the car every time I open the door and mooching and meowing until I have to reach in and lift her out. It’s almost as if she’s bored and wants to go somewhere…

‘Right I’m ready to go, do you hear me? I’m ready to go. Come on, get in the car and drive, I feel like a spin. I’d quite fancy a drive along the coast road and past the castle, see what birds are about on the estuary - I like bird watching. Well, let’s face it with all these bells watching is the best I’ll do - I’m never going to catch one.

Or we could have take a little trip over to the woods, park up, go for a walk, see if I can find any squirrels. Or even to the shops, anywhere, anywhere. I just want to go somewhere different. I’m bored. I want a change of scene. You don’t know what it’s like being a cat – it’s very restricting. You can’t go to restaurants, can’t go to the pictures, you can’t even go to the pub – and even dogs can go to the pub, I know I’ve seen them. All I ever do is wander my territory waiting for something to happen. Well, do you know what’s happened today? Not a thing - zilch, nada, zero - N-O-T-H-I-N-G - nothing! Take me somewhere. I AM BORED!


Boredom is not good for a cat, it makes us aggressive. If you ever see us pacing up and down or swiping at imaginary creatures or biting our own tails – walk - away – very - slowly.

What’s he doing now? He’s walking towards the car. I think he’s going to try and get me out… well I’m not going. Do you hear me, I’m not going…. back off! Move away from the vehicle! I’m warning you once… twice… last warning! Come any closer and I take your fingers off. Is he going for the door…’

Come on Misty out you come, we’ll be going out soon and you don’t want to go for a boring old drive do you… My goodness, she looks a bit… oh well, there’s no rush, perhaps I’ll come back later…

4 comments:

  1. I hope misty wears a seatbelt when she goes out. I'd hate her to come to any harm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda Henderson in the US commented on Facebook:

    "it looks like misty is going to tear up something in that last photo!"

    Yeah, my hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they didn't take me anywhere, I'll get my own back though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it does seem unfair that dogs get taken for trips out but cats don't

    ReplyDelete