Friday 6 February 2009

Let sleeping cats lie...

S/he’s fine.

I picked Misty up from the vets earlier this evening and gave her some nin-nins as soon as we got home, she ate a little of it and then curled up on the work surface above the radiator in the kitchen and went to sleep. She knows that she isn’t allowed on the work surfaces but on this occasion I think I can stretch a point. She didn’t have any stitches and we can let her out in a day or so. I don't think that the anaesthetic hasn’t quite worn off yet. She seems to be in a very deep sleep, her front paw keeps twitching and her eyelids are fluttering. REM? Do cats have rapid eye movements? Can cats dream?……

‘First they starve me - no nin-nins last night – then they put me in that carrier thing and take me to that torturer purrrson with the nasty needle. I thought I was going to the vet’s to get some lovely Nootered and instead they kidnap me and give me to a psycho who sticks a nasty needle in my leg. The next thing I know I’m waking up sore and woozy and something’s not there any more – I’m not feeling myself at all. I couldn’t see what he looked like because he was wearing a piece of cloth over his mouth, but he did something bad to me and it’s their fault. I wonder how much he paid them? Look at them, all smiley down at me, Hisfault and Foodies, bad keepers. It is their fault that I hurties, they sent me to that vets place. If they weren’t so much bigger than me I’d show them. Purrhaps if I wish very hard…wish…wishh…wishhhh!

Hissing fishbone, it’s working, it’s really working…look they’re getting smaller, they’re shrinking. What’s the matter Hisfault? Feeling a little ‘short’ of breath? Well Foodies - you did say that you needed to lose some weight. Wishhhhhhhh – you’re shrinking fast, purrfect - oh look you you’re not much bigger than me and you’re still getting smaller. How does it feel to be my size? Wishhhhhh - rabbit size – Wishhhhhh - pigeon sized - Wishhhhhh - mouse size. That’ll do. Don’t want you disappearing on me. You’re just about the same size as my wind-up mouse. I like playing with my mouse. I like it when it runs away and I catch it in my mouth and toss it into the air. I like it when it lands – thump! Want to play mouse chase? Not sure? How about ball then? No? Well I do. Here. Catch. Oh dear, did the big nasty ball knock you over Hisfault? What’s the matter Foodies? Is the ball’s little bell making your tiny ears hurt? Shame. Just a minute, I’ll jump down and join you, what fun! That’s better I can see you properly now. What little legs you have, you won’t be able to run away very quickly will you? Now what shall we do? I know lets play a game. How about hide and seek? I’ll be it and you can run and hide. Off you go and I’ll come looking for you. I’ll shut my eyes and count to ten to give you a chance, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten. Coming ready or not…’

….…Yes, she must be dreaming. I wonder what she’s dreaming about?

No comments:

Post a Comment