Sunday 5 April 2020

Why I'm a twat...

So I didn't write a blog yesterday, I don't know if any of you noticed or missed it, but I have to say I missed it. That's my thing - routine, I don't want it but when I don't have it I feel that I'm letting somebody down. I don't know why or who but I do. That's also my thing - not letting people down, which is a horrible burden given who and what I am. My honesty and bluntness kills them and makes them feel let down, but if I didn't do it then I'd be letting myself down and I wouldn't be myself if I did that (maybe I'm complicated).

An old friend (an older friend now, as he unfriended me a while back) once said I was a complicated person. Probably the most complicated person he'd ever met. I don't think of myself as complicated, I'm actually very simple, a blunt tool is how I see myself, a hammer smashing eggshells (Hammer time again 'you can't touch this!'). Yes, I'm a twat. I call people out for what they say and do and it upsets them. Mind you, I'm not going to stand by whilst anyone posts crap about supporting a company who refuses to serve LBGT customers or take on gay employees, fake Christian minister or not. Just what the fuck is that about?

Yes, I'll call out your beliefs (no matter what they are and who you are) if I think they are stupid or unfair or alien to the way I think. I take no prisoners, make no allowances (not even with my closest family - not that I have many left). Think of me as Zorro without a rapier, using the safety of social media to run you through when you deserve, require, or need it. An armchair warrior if you will, but a warrior nonetheless. Warriors are like that, they kill for their beliefs, even if their beliefs are portable when based around new information.

Anyway, I'm not going to change. No matter how close to me you might think you are, what you were in my previous life (bosses, wives, friends, enemies) none of that counts. All that counts is my truth and I have to stick to it. I accept responsibility for that.

Just saying, (by the way there's a pink supermoon Tuesday night which has no relevance, but don't miss it).

Just saying.




No comments:

Post a Comment