Thursday 9 April 2020

Growing up...

Today, I'll keep it short, sweet, and hopefully on an even keel (no madness or ranting). I've been filling my time with gardening. Well, it is that time of year and what an eventful year this is so far. It's that rush to get the seeds in before the deadline (mid-May to my mind) is reached. Yesterday, I planted this contraption with a variety of seeds, a vertical garden, what jolly good fun, my very own hanging garden of Babylon and all edible stuff. 

Believe it or not, to fill all those pockets took 50 litres of finest quality compost plus slow-release feed and vermiculite (just to help drainage). I've sowed parsley, beetroot, chives, spring onions, Italian salad leaves, all sorts of things I can't even remember, I was so lost in the flurry of sowing. I'm pretty excited, it's a grand experiment and one that I've never tried before. Yes, I'm growing up, or down, it depends on how you see things.

Wish me luck, I'm hungry.


No comments:

Post a Comment