Tuesday 9 June 2015

Silver...

So today my wife and I reached 25 years married; and they said it would never last. The big bash is planned for Barbados in August, but to honour the day we took ourselves off to Dylan's, a recently opened restaurant in Criccieth.

We shared a seafood platter to start - shell on prawns, smoked mackerel pate, smoked salmon, potted mussels, trout and some of the best bread I have ever tasted. We followed that with half a lobster each and washed it down with a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc.

The building that the restaurant sits in was designed by Clough Williams Ellis in the late forties/early fifties. He was the chap that built Potmerion. It was going to have an observatory on the top but he ran out of money. It has been all sorts over the years including Billy Butlin's tea dance rooms, but last month it opened as a restaurant after years of cafe's and a period of emptiness

It was a good and very simple day. A lovely lunch in a great restaurant overlooking the sea then back to the cottage to sit watching the birds and sipping champagne. later Gaynor surprised me by playing our song and dancing with me to it in the kitchen - She makes my day by Robert Palmer, our wedding dance - and I thought she would have forgotten. 

Have to tell you that my eyes watered and I was not chopping onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment