There comes a time when the aches and pains, the dry skin and pimples, the lethargy and fuzziness need to be addressed. So when I discovered an ancient magic potion in an old book I found it the attic covered in dust and cobwebs, a recipe for an elixir of youth - well, you simply don’t know until you try it do you?
The old leather bound tome claims that this ancient herbal potion can cure all sorts of chronic conditions and diseases. It encourages the circulation, purifies blood, strengthens the immune system, acts as an antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal and antiparasitic medicine, it assists in even the most severe infections. It was even used to cure the plague!
The secret is in the medicinal combination of high-quality natural and fresh ingredients: Garlic is a strong antibiotic as is Onion, Horseradish is a purifier, Ginger is an anti-inflammatory, Chilies stimulate circulation, Turmeric fights infection and reduces inflammation, and Apple Cider Vinegar cleanses the arteries.
Of course, I added eye of toad and a dead mans finger, but only because I had it to hand. The recipe says that they are both optional.
All I have to do now is wait a couple of weeks and then knock back one or two liqueur glasses per day. Anyway, for those of you that are interested here’s what you need to do to make your very own Elixir of Youth. WARNING - This stuff is really hot so it isn't for the fainthearted.
- 700 ml apple cider vinegar.
- 4 Tablespoons cup finely chopped garlic
- 4 Tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 fresh chili peppers, the hottest you can find (I used Scotch Bonnets)
- 4 Tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 Tablespoons grated horseradish
- 2 Tablespoons turmeric powder or 2 pieces of turmeric root
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, except for the vinegar.
2. Transfer the mixture to a Kilner type jar.
3. Pour in some apple cider vinegar and fill it to the top. It is best if 2/3 of the jar consists of dry ingredients then fill to the top with vinegar.
4. Close and shake.
Keep the jar in a cool and dry place for 2 weeks. Shake well several times a day. After 14 days, squeeze well and strain the liquid through a strainer or better still a muslin cloth. Squeeze well so the whole juice comes out and pour into an old bottle, making sure there isn't a genie inside it first. Your potion is now ready to imbibe.