Monday 12 August 2013

Silver lining...

They say that every cloud has a silver lining, personally I don’t believe that to be true. Some clouds will have grey innocuous linings, some will have no lining at all, and others will have linings of deepest darkest black. It all depends on how the weather the cloud floats in turns out. Clouds are like that, sometimes the weather will brighten into a sunny day and other times it’ll turn into a storm. Of course sometimes it will just be one of those grey days when nothing much happens and then the cloud will simply keep the sun from shining - not going either way. Those types of cloud are probably the worst, particularly if they stick around for a long time. In weather forecast terms Michael Fish might have called them areas of depression. How very apt.

I’ve just broken out of a long period of cloud I think. There are lots of reasons why I was in the cloud in the first place and as many reasons as to why I’m out of it; but I am and that’s a good thing. For the first time in years I feel that most clouds really do have a silver lining and I've learnt that if you can’t see it at first then you just have to keep on looking until you are absolutely sure that there isn’t one inside the cloud somewhere.

Now don’t get me wrong, I haven’t lost my grip on the darker reality of life. I know that at some point something will come along and I’ll be in that big storm again, but I’m going to do my best to avoid it. I’m going to look closely at the linings of my clouds until I’m absolutely sure that that there isn’t a tiny glint of silver somewhere deep inside.

Well, at least I'm going to try.

7 comments:

  1. Cloe Fyne on FB
    Hurrah!!!!!!!!! Now maybe I need to too.... X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin Parrott on fB
    Always look on the bright side.................. !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew Height
    It beats the shit out of not sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz Shore on FB
    Good to hear x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ian Maclachlan on FB
    You've looked at clouds from both sides now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. David Bell on FB
    Hope gusty wind isn't forcast

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrew Height
    I have indeed Ian and as for wind David... parp!

    ReplyDelete