Saturday 31 August 2013

Light and shade in Wales...

It’s all light and shade isn’t it?

Well, here I am back from almost two weeks in Wales and I had a really great time just meandering about, drifting here then drifting away there again, dipping into the light then plunging into the shade to dodge the brightness for a while.

I’d almost forgotten what a beautiful place our part of Wales is in the sunshine, not at all hard to do with it being Wales and all, but as I walked down to Poo stick bridge to drop a stick or two I was dazzled by the sunshine through the leaves and the way the breeze made the spheres of light pop into existence and then out again.

I didn’t do much whilst I was away– fixed and painted my gates, hung a new nesting box, cut my hedges, tried to decide whether I should quit blogging whilst I'm still ahead. Bits and pieces really, but I did take time to further explore the area.

Yes, I’ve been going there for twenty years and still keep tripping across places and things that I’ve never stumbled upon before. Don’t worry, I won’t go into it now but I’ll probably tell you a few tall tales over the next few weeks about my adventures in Wales. Of course that’s if I can be bothered to write about them and you can be bothered to read what I write. As a taster though it’ll mainly be about lighthouses, birds, fish and chips, magic, beer, stones, wet rot, blogger's remorse and a village where women have facial hair.

It’s all light and shade. I’ll try to stick to the light.

6 comments:

  1. Kevin Parrott on FB
    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey Messenger on FB
    great to have you back xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glynne T Kirkham on Facebook
    I'll give you a ring this week Andy, it's been too long since we had a chat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ian Maclachlan on FB
    Keep writing and you can remind us of summer as we walk in to winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew Height on FB
    The summer sun is fading as the year grows old, and darker days are drawing near.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andy Lloyd commented on Facebook:
    "Don't know what you are talking about. Hope you enjoyed your holiday. Nice to see WAWL is back."

    ReplyDelete