Tuesday 5 April 2011

Rays of light...

Sometimes out of the darkness all around you think you see a ray of light, sometimes you can see it for a while and sometimes it vanishes almost instantly as if it was never there at all.

I thought I saw some rays of light recently, rays of light that would move me on from this twilight that I seem to be traipsing through currently. One of them dazzled then exploded, others flashed upon the water briefly and were gone leaving nothing but dull disappointment.

Maybe I should keep my eyes closed so that I can’t see the rays, those little flashes of hope that dart into and then move so quickly out of view. Maybe they aren’t worth seeing at all.

But what then?

It is so hard to keep an optimistic head, be positive and look to the future, when so much of promise seems to come to nothing.

Hard, but not impossible. Just keep looking for that ray of light.

4 comments:

  1. Ian Maclachlan commented on Facebook:
    Me! Though I have college now so it should get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your head up Andi.
    Easily said I know.
    You've worked hard for best part of 30 years and are an extraordinary individual.
    You've got your health, a loving family, a beautiful home (s) and real talent.

    The right thing is looking to find you, maybe a change of glasses is being called for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glynne T Kirkham commented on Facebook:
    Woke up in a foul mood this morning, but I told everyone at work I was grumpy and things improved after that. If you recognise you're having a bad day and embrace it, it seems to get better. Hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phil Morgan commented on Facebook "Where there is darkness there is despair, where there is light there is hope."

    ReplyDelete