Wednesday 27 April 2011

The beach creature that never was…

So I had all the makings at my fingertips and still I sat.

It’s like that sometimes these days. I set out with good intentions, off to do something, make something from nothing, and somewhere along the journey lose my way and find myself sitting, staring into space, remembering.

Remembering. I get lost in remembering. Remembering.

I’ve not posted anything to my blog for a while, took a few days away, a few days without putting my thoughts down on virtual paper. I missed it, but sometimes it’s better to ‘not’ than ‘do’ and this is one of those times. Remembering. Oh, there’s been plenty to blog about - it’s just that although I wanted to make the journey I couldn’t make myself do the travelling.

I wonder if I’m back now? I wonder if anyone is bothered or even noticed that I’d gone away?

Anyway, I set out to Hell’s Mouth to make a beach creature from the flotsam and somewhere along that journey I lost my way and found myself sitting, staring into space remembering.

Oh well, perhaps next time. I still have Dali’s Giraffe to build, burn – he’s in there somewhere.

All I have to do is find him and stop him remembering.

6 comments:

  1. You were missed. Looking forward to the beach creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Della Jayne Roberts commented on Facebook: I noticed - thought you must be away or something .... I remember living at the sea ..... I miss it ... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah Rawden commented on Facebook: I think it's good to take a break from things from time to time....try and de clutter the mind and more importantly the soul...I would love to live near the sea :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike King commented on Facebook:
    "Hi Andy, I dunno if you saw it but I came across some beach sculptures and posted a photo of them on my wall for you."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kevin Parrott commented on Facebook:
    "Welcome back Andy!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky Sutcliffe commented on Facebook:
    Your back! Good to see you.

    ReplyDelete