Friday 15 April 2011

Butterfly thinking...

I saw this butterfly in my garden. It made me think.

I've been thinking ever since, I can't seem to stop even when I'm sleeping.

My thoughts are rushing me along to places I don't want to go, outcomes that I don't need to see.

My thoughts are like that butterfly, never still, moving from one brief landing place to another. They move so fast that for a while I haven't been unable to place any words in a sentence, paragraphs have eluded me. I start to fly, settle for a moment and then I'm up and off again, moving on to the next thought, the next

Low white buildings again. An abandoned hospital? I'm standing with two women, one short and the other tall with short dark hair. We are running away from

A TV presenter is getting his hair cut, shaved as close as possible to his head. He isn't sure that it's the right look for children's TV and

People drift away from the barbecue, it's taking too long for the raffle to start and Quo are about to start their set. Malcolm and Steve are standing by the metal fence I wave at

Rushing, rushing, rushing. Where will I land next?

9 comments:

  1. And welcome back to the land of the blogging, akh. I trust you slept well...? M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I think too much too I think. It has to be worse not to think much at all surely. We fans look forward to more of your thoughts. Keep them coming. Beautiful image BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy Lloyd commented on Facebook:
    Good to hear from you again- even if your thoughts are less coherent than usual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tony Payne ‎commented on Facebook:
    .....and that's saying something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara Balding commented on Facebook:
    yeah - missed you Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lissa Tam commented on Facebook:
    Beautiful! I love butterflies x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrew Height commented on Facebbok:
    Thanks for the support guys. I'll try to get more posts out but I think I need to blog a little less. As you know I've been keeping a diary of my dreams and started my course at Manchester Uni today - my first session. I need to keep unspecific for professional reasons but I may blog something around it tomorrow. It isn't as easy as I thought but I think it will prove fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Samantha Oakes commented on Facebook:
    I hope you enjoyed it, if it was to easy then every body would be doing it. I start my new course the beginning of May. It was so nice to see you the other day, hope to see you all before we go to NZ, Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lissa Tam commented on Facebook:
    Back to being a student hey! Sounds like it's motivating/inspiring you. Look forward to when you can disclose more info x

    ReplyDelete