Tuesday 29 December 2015

Dying days...


What a sweet and sticky recipe. The dying days of another year, finished with a haze of sherry drenched worry and the same old promise to do better in the future, with no more idea, after another twelve stretch, who I am, even less so in so many ways. Lassoed by my own sweet flailing, it’s just the passing of the days, the tuneless, turning tunes of my days of pointless railing.

The daily disasters of the world, other people’s lives, numbed and numbered by my own self concerns. Money to charity no longer eases; it might as well just burn. Uncomfortable and itchy in my own old skin, still nothing pleases and pointlessness my ongoing chant, repeats. It’s that time of year once more my dearest confidante.

Draw closer, like a Winter's tale I tell myself the New Year brings less deranges, changes, damages, favours, saviours, away in a mangers and better behaviours, but I know that I’m flavouring it with too much sweetness. After a well meaning start I’ll be beaten and beating it all over again, such is the way of men. Or this man anyway, with nothing saved or savored .

The cast cat struggles to lift his wings. Mind willing, spirit and will dipped in mire he stares at the moon mewling to cold white fire and remembers when the world was cream, each lap a fall towards a dream. On hard wooden platform stands he, wishing what he wants to be. He stands, and stands, and stands, but still his iron wings can’t fly. His flying days are done unfortunately.

4 comments:

  1. Paul Whitehouse
    Why are you stopping blogging Andrew. Your readership needs your work.

    Andrew Height
    Not stopping Paul, maybe a break until the New Year. Perhaps a little longer, but I can't stop. I'm an addict.

    Paul Whitehouse
    Oh good thought you were indicating a permanent cessation.....had me worried!

    Andrew Height
    Cheers my friend.

    Paul Whitehouse
    Without doubt you make FB irresistible for me I may not always respond, sometimes because i just don't know what to say, but i read, enjoy and relish every one of your posts.

    Andrew Height
    Good enough for me Paul smile emoticon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iain Marshall
    Thoroughly enjoy the blogs Andi. Keep up the fine work.....They are a welcome addition to some of the utter shite that some folks feel obliged to post!

    Andrew Height
    Much of what I write is shite, but at least it's my shite. Thanks iain.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Catherine Halls-Jukes
    Keep blogging x

    ReplyDelete

  4. Cloe Fyne
    Deep. Very deep that one xx

    Andrew Height
    Just a summary of my year and thoughts of the year to come in very blank verse. Not that deep really, in fact I am so shallow I couldn't get my socks wet.

    ReplyDelete