Thursday 8 October 2015

Blank on National Poetry Day...

What a day to lose my muse
It isn’t something I would choose
Lost for verse and lost for rhyme
It couldn’t have happened at a worse time

The poetry in me seems on strike
The poet off on his poet’s bike
I really wanted to partake
But the words won’t come for goodness sake

I’ve tried my best but my mind is blank
It’s about as much use as a wooden plank
If only my words would fly like birds
Instead they sink like a sperm whale’s turds

No poem on National Poetry Day
I really don’t know what to say
I wanted to write a little ditty
Maybe an elegy, perhaps something witty

I wondered loony as a cloud
Stop, plagiarism is not allowed
If only I could pen something original
Something that flows, that isn’t this drivel

Instead I find myself tongue tied
And it isn’t as if I haven’t tried
All you’ve got is this gibberish
Sorry for sharing my rhyming rubbish.



4 comments:


  1. Lorna Gleadell on FB
    Love it !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Andrew Height
      Thanks Lorna - mouldy cheese to you wink emoticon

      Delete

    2. Vicky Sutcliffe on FB
      You just get better and better xxxx 😀

      Delete
    3. Andrew Height
      Not according to Gaynor.

      Delete