Sunday 1 February 2015

A weighty matter...

I bought some fancy electronic scales today and weighed myself for the first time in five years. I wasn’t surprised, pleased, or disappointed by what they told me about my weight, but let’s just say I was grateful that they weren’t of the talking variety otherwise they would have screamed ‘Get off me you fat bastard!’

Of course in my youth there were weighing machines on every station platform, in chemists, there were even some on the high street. These were grand affairs with a slot for you to put your penny and a grey rubber platform for you to stand on. In those days bathroom scales weren’t very common and I don’t remember us having them as a child.

Anyway my new scales have shown me that by anybody’s standards I am clinically obese. I knew that anyway, the camera never lies, but by just how much I shall be keeping to myself and, instead of telling you my problem, I am going to focus on losing ‘a little weight’ and tell you how much I lose each month.

Of course if you like, and in the tradition of all summer fetes, you can guess my weight if you want.

Wish me luck.

14 comments:

  1. Nicola Litherland on FB
    And...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra Bouguerch on FB
    Shock?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey Messenger on FB
    Come on what's the results ...... Share your joy with us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew Height
      I will keep this one to myself for now. Suffice it to say I was not really surprised, nor pleased. Now I know my weight I shall be posting weight loss as it happens I hope.

      Delete
    2. Lindsey Messenger
      Good Luck.....

      Delete
    3. Andrew Height
      I may need it Lindsey. I want to be able to snorkel without getting out of breath.

      Delete
    4. Lindsey Messenger
      oh yes of course you have your amazing holiday to spur you on..... you will do great , you see.

      Delete
  4. Lorna Gleadell on FB
    Garry has lost nearly a stone !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tim Preston on FB
    8 stone 6 pounds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew Height
      That may cover my legs Tim.

      Delete
  6. Good luck Andy. I'm sure it will benefit the old knees as well as the breathing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. David Bell on FB
    I lost 26 pounds using "Myfitnesspal" app to tot up calorie intake. It also measures carbs, protiens, salt, sugar etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew Height
      I may try that David Bell

      Delete