Thursday 2 May 2013

Less than a fiver...

Well it’s time that they stood on their own feet, became men, toughened up. Not that they have any feet or gender come to that I think, but it is time they toughened up ready to be planted out into the real world.

For weeks they have been nurtured in the house; initially on the kitchen work-surface above the radiator, then on the window-seat in the upstairs lounge. Now, with what seems like sunshine and at least a little warmth, it’s time to go into the not quite outside air of the cold frame for a couple of handfuls of days.

About time too, no doubt about it; at this rate by the time my garden looks like a garden it’ll all be over for another year. I’m not beaten yet though. This lot cost me less than a fiver and my hit rate this year has been pretty good apart from the Scabiosa which hardly came through at all. That's them in the tray at the top on the left. Planting out next weekend I guess.

More later…

3 comments:

  1. Lissa Tam, Bernadette Doyle and Buffey Glandon like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil Ogden on FB
    Nasturtium City Arizona! Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew Height
      Mainly various morning glory, black eyed susan and purple bellflower. I'm going fo a climbing theme this year in my 12x12 back yard. Unfortunately i have lost 2 fish in the raised pond, but the outside sown seeds are doing okay.

      Delete