Friday 24 May 2013

Finding myself - multiple me...

I thought that that you were meant to go to India to find yourself. Well, I’ve been to India a few times and to tell you the truth I didn’t find myself there at all. I did have a really great time though; it really is a fascinating country. But as for finding myself… well no, not at all.

Strange isn’t it? You start out thinking that you know who you are and then years later, somewhere along the way, you find that you don’t have a clue as to what you are and who you’ve been. Well, at least I don’t, there seem to be so many of me.

Mind you, I have a better idea these days than I did before, I’ve learnt to self-regress you see. No, it isn't bonkers and It isn’t hard. All you do is take yourself off to an imaginary room and wander down a corridor where there are lots of rooms which hold your life experiences. Behind each door is a you. Sometimes you know them and sometimes you don't - those are the ones you've forgotten.

It’s not always as you expect, but it’s helped me to remember things from long ago in detail. Things I had ‘forgotten’ or rather subconsciously hidden away because I didn’t want to think about them. Some of those me's explain a lot about who and what I am, others are just stuff. Sometimes I find myself feeling what I felt all that time ago, other times I just stand at the door and watch as a version of me goes through it all again. Is it real? Oh yes, it’s real. Did it really happen? Yes it happened, I know that as surely as I know I’ve always known that me but have chosen not to recognise him. Call him my inner child if you like.

I think others remember me too. Maybe that explains her silence.

9 comments:

  1. Lindsey Messenger on FB
    i remember you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma Cholmondeley on FB
    I would love to reminisce some time, share old memories and play some old songs - Scritti Politti, Duran Duran, Cocktail Twins?? How could I ever forget. You may, I don't

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma Cholmondeley on FB
    BTW you were a cute kid

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cloe Fyne on FB
    I'm the only person I know (other than you lot) that Knows who Scritti Politti are, let alone the words to the songs!!!! Emma Cholmondeley. There's quite a bit of Munchy in those photos (esp the first orange one) - Andrew Height put on a bigger version of that plz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emma Cholmondeley on FB
    OMG that is sooooo freaky. As you posted that I was looking at the pics and thinking the exact same thing. I think the last one looks the spit of Milo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cloe Fyne on FB
    Want to see bigger pics! Very freaky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cloe Fyne on FB
    Cool pics too......don't get em like that these days eh?! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrew Height
    It's a contact sheet of about thirty. Photographers used to supply them so that you could choose the ones you wanted. For years one of these photos sat in a frame on our TV. I've been back to that day recently, The Teddy Bear wasn't mine, it belonged to the photographer who was in Aylesbury I think. He used a big bellows camera on a tripod and waved a puppet at me to make me smile. I cried and my dad got angry - nothing new there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anyway, you have to see what I see when you look at those photos. It isn't as cute as you might think.

    ReplyDelete