Sunday 16 September 2012

Raven's feather...

Halloween is on its way, the nights get darker and last night we set alight our first open fire of the season, the wood smoke wending its way up our chimney and out into the air.

The full moon and witches and spells.

A while ago I visited an old place on Ynys Mon. A very old place and in the centre of the chamber I found three black feathers. I did a little research and this is what I think it was that I found – a spell to undo wrongdoers. Now what shape the retribution for the wrongdoing takes is up to the person who has been wronged; they must find three black feathers and place them on the wrongdoer’s person or in or under their pillow after the ritual is made.

If I believed in this mumbo jumbo I’d recommend this to a friend of mine who says they need help – just how it finishes would be up to them. Of course I don’t, not really; although full moon is tonight and it’s on the full moon that the ritual is made.

Maybe, if I can’t sleep I might seek out some candles and stand out under the moon with my camping stove. After all I still have the feathers from Bryn Celli Ddu and it can’t really do any harm.

Can it?

Click for my pictures of Bryn Celli Ddu and the feathers.

Raven’s revenge ritual.

Take candles and place them in a circle around. Sit in the middle of it and whisper:
"As I light these candles let this ritual begin"
Place your hands on the ground in front and chant:

"Oh Raven by your feathers black,
help me in one quick attack.
Oh Raven by your feathers black,
help me in one quick attack.
Oh Raven by your feathers black,
help me in one quick attack.”

Next run the raven feathers in turn around above the candles for each time you chant these words.
"Infused be these feathers o' black,
by my desire for this payback.
Infused be these feathers o' black,
by my desire for this payback.
Infused be these feathers o' black,
by my desire for this payback."

Then rise from your circle and go to a cauldron or pan.
"O' raven black as night can be,
I summon thy essence here to me."

Place the feathers in boiling water.
"Infuse, unfurl and mix good and well,
create your power as I cast my spell!"

Take each candle in turn and pour SEVEN drops of wax from each candle into the boiling water.
"Black on black, my powers to ill
the one who dared cross me, this is divine will"

Finally take his name written on a paper and drop it into the boiling water.
"Burn the skin scorch the flesh,
wipe away all that's left.
Black on black, blood of red,
taunt them from within their head.
Until their will cannot survive,
and then my peace, shall be revived."

Take the mixture and pour it onto a patch of clear moonlight, and close the circle.

2 comments:

  1. Oh well,sometimes all of the ears in the universe are deaf.

    It was much colder out last night than I expected and in the end I used the barbecue. The clouds were thick but it broke through a little and there was a patch of moonlight for the feathers.

    I went to be tired and disillusioned.

    Its all mumbo-jumbo of course but I hope that it helps in some way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It rained in the night. Barbecue full of water. Could just see the wax.

    ReplyDelete