Sunday 1 March 2009

Stoned Weekend...


Sunday. 9.15. Late home, after a weekend of stones.

Collected pebbles - I'll write this later - and went to some standing stones that I know of on the Llyn for an article at some point in the future.

Standing stones are not of this world. I've visited many - now don't get me wrong I'm not a new ager, but there is no doubt - and they really do have lives of there own.
F
I think they are alive - or at least were once.
w
Anyway, I'm sitting by a Menhir on a sunny day in a place that it has taken me over and taken me over an hour to walk to from the single track road where I parked the car in a passing place where I shouldn't have - and something is buzzing me, making me feel different, taking me back to another time, another world, another life...and here it comes...stream of consciousness stuff...oh no...not another of those stupid poems!
w
Even I have no idea what they are all about!
w
Ring

Stone.
Who stood you here?
Upended
When you might lie
Flat.
No sleep for you
Upright
Alone
To sky.
You
Silent stand
Passing of days dead
Keeping close
Memories
Except in you unsaid.
Sacrifice
Snow, mist,
The thunder rain,
Battle pass you by,
Dawn on dusk again.
What know you?
Silent
Remembering.
Pre born
Forlorn
Stand on.
In stand alone
As ever
As stone
Kept council
Deep.
Watched
Waited well
Listened.
So still may tell
What you do know
Or keep you secrets
Deep below.

Stone.
Who stood you here?

1 comment:

  1. Next time you are up this way, you should visit the Bridestones.

    http://www.fotolibra.com/gallery/366928/the-bridestones-dalby-forest-north-yorkshire/

    ReplyDelete