Wednesday 11 September 2019

That time of the day...

I love to stand at the end of each day and think for a few minutes about it. I guess it's a kind of 'counting my blessings' time, what some might call a prayer of thanks, and even though I have no God I want to thank the universe or something it seems. Last evening, as I stood at my gate listening to the breeze, the pizza I made for dinner featured heavily in my thoughts. It was good. I thought for a few seconds about the rhubarb crowns I have ordered and the future crumbles they would make for me once planted. I thought of my friend Goronwy and felt relief that his pacemaker implant operation went well. I gave thanks that I had almost no pain from my extracted tooth all day, although I have no idea who I was giving thanks to, perhaps it was the tooth fairy. It felt like a magic to stand in the fresh air as the light changed above me and the universe span whilst a flock of jackdaws danced in the air to a tune that I could feel part of. What an amazing day I'd had, pizza and birds and rhubarb plants and pacemakers and such a beautiful evening sky. Not praying, just thinking and thanking something that I don't know what to call other than life. Thank you Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment