Tuesday 26 July 2016

Garden on graduation day...

Up at five-thirty and into my suit and biggest and best white shirt. Today is Holly's graduation day and I don't want to let anything spoil it, particularly not me.

First I did the washing up with a tea towel inventively clothes-pegged to my shirt in case of splashes, Then I made a coffee and lifted the kitchen window blinds. When I looked out of the kitchen window I couldn't believe it. The rain overnight had made everything brighter, like somebody had been splashing paint about.


Now I know I hand a hand in making this, just as I know that Holly has something to do with me. But in the end, although you might be a catalyst, things grow into beauty and value of their own accord. I certainly know that Holly has. 

No comments:

Post a Comment