Wednesday 17 December 2008

I'm out there....

"Just a minute - just a minute. Now, hold on, Mr. Potter. You're right when you say my father was no businessman. I know that".

So I'm out there and I've invited you in (you know who you are). I'm going to try to capture you as an audience and then take it a bit further. How far? Who knows? But Belle de Jour seemed to do pretty well out of it.

Now about the picture...

Of the three people in this atmospheric still from 'Its a wonderful life' I'd like to say that I associate myself with the Jimmy Stewart character, unfortunately if I were to say that I'd be less that the honest broker you all know me to be. If I were to have to pick one of them then I think I see myself as the poor chap on the right and for those of you that know the film (and who doesn't but just in case you don't go here to watch it http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4867975537967299162) he's Mr Gower, the pharmacist, played by H.B. Warner who almost/did (dependent on if George Bailey is born or not) kill somebody through getting drunk and prescribing the wrong prescription. Just look at the remorse in his face.

My remorse is of course not associated with prescriptions but nevertheless I still have deep feelings of remorse over a number of episodes in my life which (if you become a constant reader) I may share with you at some point in the future.

Anyway...welcome to the experiment, I wonder how long it will be before some of you feel like white mice?

No comments:

Post a Comment